Please note that individual study privacy conditions may vary. Any variances from this policy will be clearly noted for your review.
Purpose for data collection: Bellomy Research, Inc. is a full service marketing research firm that provides strategic insight, knowledge and direction to some of the most respected organizations in the US. Since 1976, Bellomy Research has been providing consumers, like you, with the ability to voice their opinions by participating in research surveys, and focus groups, online communities and panels. As a research participant, your opinions help inform the development and improvement of new products and services, customer service programs, and public and social policies.
We conduct research for the benefit of our clients, who include for-profit companies, non-profit organizations and governmental institutions.
When you participate in research with us, these principles apply:
- We will not share your personally identifiable information with un-affiliated third parties without your consent unless required by law (which situations are described below). Personally identifiable information is information such as your name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
- Your survey responses are confidential and not attributed to you in client reports unless you permit otherwise.
- We will not sell your contact information to anyone.
- We will not present you with offers for our clients’ products or services unless you permit otherwise.
- Occasionally, we may re-contact you to validate your responses. We will not misrepresent ourselves or what we are doing in such cases.
- Your participation in a study is voluntary and your decision will be respected.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect
When you participate in our surveys, we may ask you for your opinions and also your personal information such as your age and household composition. You may refuse to answer certain questions or discontinue participation in a study at any time. If you join one of our research panels, you may discontinue your membership at any point after joining by following the opt-out process for that particular panel.
When our interviewers reach respondents by telephone or in-person, they identify themselves and state the purpose(s) of their contact. Our mail delivered or emailed survey invitations clearly identify us as Bellomy and explain the purpose(s) of our contact.
When we contact you, we will generally do so for one of the following purposes:
- To invite you to join a survey research panel;
- To conduct a survey research interview;
- To validate answers you gave in a survey we conducted;
- To update our records on the accuracy of your personal information.
Occasionally, we may contact you for one of these other purposes:
- To notify you if you have won a sweepstakes conducted on behalf of our client;
- To ask for your permission to use your personal information for a purpose that was not identified to you when we first collected your personal information.
Information we share or transfer
Your survey responses are confidentially handled. We generally combine your survey responses in a given survey with the responses of others who participate and report the aggregated responses (without identifying the individual respondents) to the client that commissioned the study.
Some types of research require individual respondent identities to be shared with the commissioning client. You will be informed before choosing to participate in such a study.
The only exceptions when we may disclose your identifiable information or survey responses to un-affiliated third parties are as follows:
- You consent to sharing your identifying information and individual responses with an unaffiliated third party for a specified purpose;
- In accordance with industry guidelines, we work with a third party who is contractually bound to keep the disclosed information in a confidential and protected manner and use it only for research or statistical purposes;
- In the rare but possible circumstance that the information is subject to disclosure pursuant to a subpoena, or similar legal process or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- To conduct research operations such as data processing and for incentive or rewards fulfillment in relevant situations.
Where we share your personally identifiable information or survey responses with our affiliated companies or non-affiliated service providers (both within and outside the United States) for survey research operations or incentive fulfillment, they are contractually bound to keep such information confidential and to protect it with reasonable security standards and practices.
Security of personal information
We have put in place reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access to the information we collect. However, no security measures are 100% impregnable and we cannot guarantee against all potential security breaches. Moreover, the transmission of information over the Internet is not inherently secure, and we are not responsible for the transmission of information over networks that we do not control. Your use of our services demonstrates your assumption of these risks. If you have any questions about security of our services, you may send us an email at the address indicated above.
Accuracy of personal information
We make reasonable efforts to keep personal information in our possession and in use on an ongoing basis, accurate and complete. In many cases, we rely on our respondents, such as panel members, to keep their personal information accurate and complete.
Unsolicited email or SPAM
We do not intentionally “spam” email addresses to seek their participation in surveys. Rather, we send e-mail invitations only to people who we believe have “opted-in” (i.e., affirmatively agreed to receive invitations) to our communications.
We will give every person who receives an e-mail invitation the opportunity to “opt-out” of that invitation and all future e-mails.
We do not knowingly invite children under the age of 13 to participate in research studies without taking measures to obtain parental consent.
As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. During this process, we may also collect limited information about your system configuration such as screen resolution and video color depth in order to determine the best possible presentation. This information will never be released to a third party and is only used to match you with the appropriate surveys. The cookies we use do not collect information from other sites you may visit.
Access to personal information
To request access to personal information that we hold about you, we ask that you submit your request in writing to the e-mail address provide here: email@example.com. You may be able to access your personal information and correct, amend or delete it where it is inaccurate, except as follows:
- The burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in a given, individual case;
- Providing access to your personal information would be likely to reveal personal information about others;
- Disclosing the information would reveal confidential information about our clients.
We will respond to your request within 30 days of receiving it. If we cannot fulfill your request, we will provide you an explanation for it.
We will retain the personally identifiable information described above for as long as the information has value as part of the services we offer, or as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, whichever is longer. If you wish to request that we no longer use your personally identifiable information in our services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to reach us
Questions regarding this policy or access requests should be directed to email@example.com.
Links to other sites
Notification of material changes to this policy
If we make a material change to this policy or our privacy practices, we will post a prominent notice on our website for 30 calendar days prior to the implementation of the material change and describe how individuals may exercise any applicable choice. The change would not apply to personally identifiable information that is collected prior to the change unless consent is obtained. At the time of implementation of the material change, we will record the timing of the revision at the introduction of this policy.
Effective Date: July 8, 2015
Most recent update: October 10, 2016